My Old Website:
- Click here for a collection of many links to websites about adaptive devices and musicians who use them.
Music Education Organizations:
- Adaptive Music Project: A summer camp where music educators and engineers collaborate to create individualized adaptations and music education plans for children with limb differences.
- American Orff-Schulwerk Association
- Organization of American Kodály Educators
Limb Difference Support Groups:
- Helping Hands Foundation: Support group to connect children with upper limb differences and their families. Two annual outings are held in Massachusetts.
- Amputee Coalition: National support group.
- Reach Charity Ltd.: Support group in the UK.
- Makers4Good: Makers4Good pairs product manufacturers with related charities, and one of their current projects is “Recorders for All” (see the dedicated page on my site).
- Tetra Society of North America: A non-profit organization that recruits skilled volunteers to create customized assistive devices for people with physical disabilities.
- May We Help: A non-profit group of volunteer engineers who design unique, custom solutions for individuals with special needs to engage in and pursue their passions. Based in Cincinnati, OH.
- Peter Worrell: Peter makes handcrafted instruments and custom keywork adaptations.
- Flute Lab is a company that sells adapted instruments made by Maarten Visser.
- Play Foundation: Provides financial support to the amputee community by funding projects related to athletics, arts, and education.
- One-Handed Musical Instrument Trust: This trust has a competition to design one-handed instruments and adaptations for instrument. Based in the UK.